小伙伴们有没有这种经历,去腐国或者美帝玩一趟,发现多少年的英语都白学了,满大街的人都在说啥?宝宝听不懂啊!
为啥歪果仁说的英语 ,和我们学的完全不一样呢?
这种时候,你就需要积累一些接地气的语言了!下面这些地道表达,学起来,用在自己的口语里,立马就拉近了和外国人民的距离了有木有!
01 I was like,"What?!"
(someone) was like... 口语中用于表达某人的一种反应,比如说的话或思想活动。
He was like,"Hold on, wait for me!"
他说,等下,等等我。
I saw it on her face – she was like"Yo, leave me out of this!"
我看见她脸上都写着呢,她一脸的“嘿,别把我扯进来!”
02 That takes guts!
(something) takes guts 做某事需要勇气。Guts本意是内脏,引申为胆量。
Being a police officer takes guts, for sure.
显然,当警察很需要勇气。
03 All right, so much for that one.
so much for (something) 人们放弃做一件事或努力泡汤的时候常说的话。
It's already ten thirty? So much for getting an early start!
都十点半了?得了,不用想早起的事了!
Oh no! He saw us? So much for keeping it a surprise.
哦漏!他看见我们了?好吧,什么惊喜都没了。
04 We nailed it!
nailed it 圆满完成某件事,或说得完全正确。Nail本意是钉钉子。
That's so true. He's nailed it.
确实如此,他的观点一针见血。
Kill it也可以指事情完成得超乎意料地好。
Louise has been killing it! Louise
干得漂亮!
05 I knew you'd give me a hard time about it!
give…a hard time about… 跟某人过不去、嘲笑某人、难为某人。
When I was growing up, the other kids used to give me a hard time because of my weight. But I just tried to ignore them.
小时候由于我的体重,其他的孩子一直在取笑我。但是我尽量不理他们。
Come on! Why do you have to give me a hard time about that? I told you: I had to work.
拜托,干嘛老拿这事儿跟我过不去,我都说了,我要工作了。
06 I might be 90 years old, but I'm still young at heart!
might… but… 也许……但是……,可以用来委婉地否定别人的观点。
Paris might be popular, but I don’t want to live there.
巴黎可能是一个很受欢迎的地方,但是我不想住在那里。
07 I couldn't agree more.
couldn’t agree more “不能更同意”,表示强烈同意对方的观点。强烈不同意也能说couldn't disagree more。
- I think that this is a great opportunity. - I couldn’t agree more.
-我觉得这是一个非常好的机会。 -完全赞同。
08 Just do it already!
Just… already! 赶紧的做某事!这个短语一般都是在抱怨对方反应太慢,表现一种不耐烦的态度。
I've been hearing about this girl for weeks. Just ask her out already!
我听你念叨这个姑娘已经好几周了,求你快约她吧!
09 Strangely enough, I just bought a bike.
strangely enough, … 遇到巧合或惊讶的事时的表达,可以翻译为真巧、真稀奇。
如果你和小李同时找到了新工作,就可以说: Strangely enough, I just got a new job as well.
真巧,我也刚找到一份新工作。
10 Could you give me a few pointers?
give someone pointers 给某人一些建议。Pointer指建议、提示、线索。
You're not holding that quite right. Do you want me to give you a few pointers?
你握的方式不太对,你要我给你一些建议吗?
11 Yeah, it's decent.
decent 不错,挺好的。
-This soup isn't bad at all!
这汤味道还不错嘛!
-Yeah, it's decent.
嗯,挺好的。
12 Who are you to talk?
who... to talk? 表示某人没有资格发表意见或批评别人,因为他/她自己也做得不够好。
Who are you to talk? You’re just as messy as me.
你有啥资格说我?你跟我一样邋遢。
He's so disorganized. But who am I to talk? I can't even keep track of what day of the week it is.
他超级迷糊。不过我也好不到哪去,我连今天是星期几都搞不清。
13 Is it just me, or is it hot in here?
Is it just me, or…? 这是一种委婉的抱怨,一般都是在看对方是否有同样的意见。
Is it just me, or are these seats even more cramped than normal?
是只有我一个人这么觉得么,这个座位是不是比一般的更挤啊?
14 Did I leave my book at your place, by any chance?
by any chance 口语中常用这一表达来询问是否有某种可能。
Are you by any chance free tonight?
你今晚有没有空呀?
15 The last thing I want is to hurt you.
The last thing I want is…
我最不愿意做的事情就是……
The last thing I want is to cause an argument on your birthday, but this is a serious problem.
我很不想在你的生日争吵,但这是一个很严重的问题。
16 Are tomatoes still in season?
be in season 表示某种蔬果是当季的。
I think pears are in season soon.
我觉得吃梨的季节要到了。
也可以说It's... season:
It's strawberry season. We should go pick some at the farm down the road.
到了吃草莓的季节了。我可以去农场采摘草莓了。
17 Don't get all impatient.
all 在口语表达中,形容词前加一个all,可以增强感情色彩,通常是表达负面情绪。
He gave me his old computer, but it's all old and crappy.
他把自己的旧电脑给我用,但是那电脑又老又破。
18 Summer will be over before you know it.
before you know it 表示事情过得非常快。
Before you know it, you'll be finished with school. 很快的,你就会毕业了。
19 I've never gotten into baseball for some reason.
get into something 对某事感兴趣。
I've been getting into history lately.
我近来对历史大感兴趣。
20 Man! You're on fire!
on fire 本意是着火了,引申意是指人的状态特别好。
Lewandowski is on fire, scoring five goals in nine minutes. Lewandowski
状态神勇,在短短九分钟内就打进五颗球。
21 I find it hard to relate to him sometimes.
relate to someone/something 理解、接受某人某事,与之有同感、有共鸣。
I can relate to this story. Same thing happened to me.
我对这个故事非常有共鸣,同样的事情也发生在我身上过。
22 I report to John.
report to someone 向某人汇报,这一表达常用来说明某人的直接上司是谁。
Jane reports to the Sales Manager.
Jane的直接领导是销售经理。
在某人手下干活,就可以说work under:
Do you still work under John?
你的领导还是John吗?
23 You bet!
you bet 意思是“You can bet money on that”(你可以压钱赌一把),说明你完全同意对方的观点、提议等。
-Are you coming to the party? 趴体你会来吧? -You bet! 当然来!
-May I borrow your hammer? 可以借你的锤子用下么? -You bet! 当然!
24 Good thinking! That would be great.
good thinking 好主意,跟good idea同意。
-Why don’t we take a rest?
我们休息一下吧?
- Good thinking.
好主意。
25 It's way past your bedtime!
way past Way相当于"far",这个表达是远远超过某个点的意思。
There's no use apologizing now. We're way past that point.
现在道歉已经没意义了。太晚了。(表示你绝对不会原谅他了……)
26 What? That's nuts!
That's nuts! Nuts是非常口语化的表达,表示“crazy”疯了。
-We hiked 45 miles in two days.
我们两天徒步走了45英里。
-Whoa, that's nuts! Really?
哇~太疯狂了!真的吗?
27 Oh, that sucks!
(something) sucks 在谈论糟糕的、让人失望的、不幸的事情时,人们常用这个表达。正式场合慎用。
My computer sucks! I need to get a new one.
我的电脑糟糕透了!我要买个新的。
28 So, what's your story?
What's (someone's) story? 人们常用这一表达来询问不太熟悉的人的信息。相当于说,"Tell me more about that person",再说说那人的情况吧。
You know that guy you introduced me to at your party? What's his story? 你在派对上介绍我认识的那个人,你很熟吗?跟我说说他吧?
如果你对某人说,what's your story? 意思就是让对方自我介绍一下。
29 I didn't mean to walk in on you.
walk in on someone / something 走进一个地方打扰了里面的人或正在进行的事,通常是些尴尬的事……
Someone walked in on me while I was in the bathroom.
我在浴室的时候突然有人走进来……
30 He's around fiftyish, I'd say.
-ish 口语中,在一个词后面加-ish,就等于说"a little bit" ,"kind of",给人一种大约的、模糊的、不确定的感觉。
Come over at 12-ish.
12点左右过来。
That color is blue-ish.
颜色是类似蓝色的那种。
好了,今天先总结30个,大家慢慢消化哦。
相关标签:口语表达